Smooth and chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies made more healthy with healthful elements, zero butter or refined sugar, and scrumptious chunks of chocolate in each chew!
Okay you guys. These may critically be the very best cookies…EVER. I imply what’s to not love after they’re principally three of my favourite cookies all rolled into ONE! These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are loaded with scrumptious creamy peanut butter and made more healthy with healthful oats, coconut oil taking the place of butter, maple syrup as a substitute of refined sugar, and Lily’s chocolate chips that are gluten-free, vegan and sweetened with stevia. You might additionally simply swap out the chocolate chips for raisins, dried cranberries and even nuts, in case you most popular!
These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are mushy, deliciously chewy and actually considered one of my favourite cookies to snack on. They’re additionally tremendous straightforward to throw collectively in a pinch! My daughter not solely liked consuming these, however she had a lot enjoyable making them with me!
Substances You will Want
- Rolled oats – healthful complete grain quaint oats (I used gluten-free) make these cookies deliciously chewy! You too can use quick-cooking oats if that is all you might have readily available, however they will not have that nice chewy texture that we love in a cookie
- Complete wheat pastry flour – I extremely suggest utilizing complete wheat pastry flour in these cookies to assist make them mushy and extra cake-like with extra vitamin than common all-purpose flour, however you would additionally sub common complete wheat flour, oat flour, gluten-free 1 to 1 baking flour, or all-purpose flour
- Baking powder – this acts as a leavening agent to assist these cookies bake up properly and are chewy
- Peanut butter – I used pure creamy peanut butter with none added sugar, however you would use chunky peanut butter or any nut butter you like
- Coconut oil – this takes place of the butter in these cookies, simply make certain to soften the coconut oil first earlier than including it to the batter
- Maple syrup – I like baking with maple syrup as a result of not solely does it act as a scrumptious sweetener, but it surely additionally helps make the sides of those cookies good and crispy. You too can use coconut sugar, brown sugar and even honey in case you aren’t vegan.
- Vanilla extract – offers these cookies a lift of taste!
- Cinnamon + salt – the cinnamon provides a heat, cozy taste to those cookies whereas the salt punches up the style
- Chocolate chips – I used Lily’s chocolate chips that are gluten-free, vegan and sweetened with stevia making the sugar content material actually low and so they style scrumptious! You might additionally in fact use common chocolate chips, however the sugar content material shall be a lot greater. Different mix-ins embody raisins, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips or nuts!
Easy methods to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
This specific recipe makes about 20 common sized cookies or you would make 12 giant cookies, like I did with these oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwiches. You will simply wish to regulate the baking time for the bigger ones. This is find out how to make them!
- Preheat oven and blend elements. Preheat oven to 350 levels and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a big bowl, whisk collectively the oats, complete wheat pastry flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a smaller bowl, combine collectively the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla till nicely mixed. Then pour the moist elements in with the dry elements and blend till simply mixed, folding within the chocolate chips on the finish.
- Assemble cookies. Utilizing a small cookie scoop (or medium-sized cookie scoop in case you’re making bigger cookies), drop 1-inch cookie dough balls onto a ready baking sheet and flatten the tops a bit with the again finish of a spoon, ensuring the cookies are nonetheless intact. You need to find yourself with about 20 small cookies or 12 bigger cookies.
- BAKE! Bake the cookies at 350 levels for 8 to 10 minutes till cookies are golden and set, or a bit longer in case you like a extra crispy cookie, then let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack. If baking bigger cookies, bake them at 350 for about 12 to 13 minutes.
Please observe the cookies will look actually mushy popping out of the oven, however they may agency up and set as they cool! You do not wish to over-bake these cookies.
Easy methods to Retailer Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
To retailer these cookies, make certain they’re utterly cool and switch them to an hermetic container for as much as 3 to 4 days. For longer storage, you may hold these within the fridge for as much as per week or freeze them for as much as 3 months. When able to eat the cookies, merely thaw out at room temperature and revel in!
Extra Oatmeal Recipes to Attempt
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Whole Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups quaint rolled oats
- 1/2 cup complete wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup pure creamy peanut butter (I used no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Lily’s chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. In a big bowl, whisk collectively oats, complete wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, setting apart.
- In a smaller bowl, combine collectively melted coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla till nicely mixed. Then pour the moist elements in with the dry elements and blend till simply mixed, folding within the chocolate chips final.
- Utilizing a small cookie scoop (or medium-sized cookie scoop if making bigger cookies), drop 1-inch cookie dough balls onto a ready baking sheet and flatten the tops a bit with the again finish of a spoon, ensuring the cookies are nonetheless intact. You need to find yourself with about 20 small cookies or 12 bigger cookies.
- Bake cookies at 350 levels for 8 to 10 minutes till cookies are golden and set. Please observe they may look actually mushy popping out of the oven, however will agency up and set as they cool so hold them on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack.
- In case you’re baking bigger cookies (or simply desire a crispier cookie), bake them for about 12 to 13 minutes.
- Serving Dimension: 1 cookie
- Energy: 107
- Sugars: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fibers: 2 g
- Proteins: 2 g
* Please observe that each one vitamin data are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.